Thursday 24 March 2016

Thinking goes on

A domestic upheaval has distracted me from writing for the past week but it is amazing how my mind keeps thinking. While I've been driving around looking for a new place to live this subconscious process has thrown up several new ideas for the novel I am working on. It raises an interesting question: at what point should I stop listening to my subconscious and stick with what I've got? Are these new thoughts improving my story or changing it into a different but not necessarily better story?
I could go on for ever making changes and some of them may be an improvement, but at some point I need to get at least one of these potential versions of the story into a publishable form. I'm looking forward now to moving into a new place where I can settle down and focus on doing just that. I want to get this novel written.

No comments:

Post a Comment