Tuesday 14 August 2018

Heading for sun and research

I'm heading to Broome next week to, among other things, do some research for one of the Grey Nomad novels that will be set there. So far I have booked for visits to a crocodile park, a bird sanctuary, a pearl farm, a hovercraft flight and 4WD expedition and sea plane flight. It's the Shinju Matsuri festival so there will be dragon boat races and float parades and a lot more besides. Should be plenty among that to add colour to the story of my Grey Nomad detectives solving an old murder.
Meanwhile I am waiting for a report from an editor on the first in the Grey Nomad series and hope to have that published later this year or early next. The second is two thirds written and won't be long after that and a third is also well on the way.
Hesitating at the moment over whether to write this series under a pen-name. My two published novels, as Mike Murphy, are a different genre and I'm not sure whether it is a good or a bad thing to use the same name in different genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment