Sunday 16 September 2018

Australia Day revisited

Spent the morning revising the first chapter of A Vote For Australia and felt myself back in the groove where I want to be. Some of the reading I have been doing in my writing hiatus had given me some insights I think have helped the first chapter, particularly making the opening work better. I also added more description of the scene and the characters on the basis that some of my previous writing has been a little too spare. If on future reads it looks like too much padding I can take it out again but for the moment it seems to be giving the scene more substance.
The plan is to concentrate entirely on this novel. I've put Murder For A Grandmother and the Grey Nomads to one side as being too big a project to be undertaking right now and not in keeping with the author brand I am developing with A New Era For Manny Youngman and The Man Who Didn't Like People.

No comments:

Post a Comment