Sunday 9 September 2018

Sales pass printing costs

The sales of The Man Who Didn't Like People have exceeded the cost of printing, which is more than satisfactory. The launch at the Petrichor Gallery was a big success and generated the bulk of the early sales including copies of A New Era For Manny Youngman as well as the new novel. Feedback from readers has all been positive.
I have received the MS assessment from a professional editor on Murder For A Grandmother and will be working through that in more detail when I get back into a writing routine this week. My initial reaction is that I don't agree with some of her comments, but I will think about them some more before making any decisions.
I am going to make the attempt to work on two books at once. The first of the Grey Nomad Detectives series is mainly revision whereas Voting For Australia is only partially written and will need a different approach.
For the moment I have filed away my notes on a possible Broome novel but I will be reading David Warner's Before The Break which is a crime story set in Broome, to see how he deals with the culture of the town, which I found very different and challenging for a writer. I can see the town and its culture playing an important part in the story, but if it is not done correctly, the locals up there could be very unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment