Sunday 7 February 2021

Need to concentrate

 In a rush of enthusiasm generated by my renewed urge to write, I think I may have rushed off in too many directions.

I've given up the idea of an illustrated children's book. Not only is it not the sort of thing I usually write but I don't want the cost and effort of organising an illustrator.

My priority has to be the short story anthology with the hope I may get it published in time for the Book Fair in July. I have nearly 60,000 words so far with about another 5,000 transcribed. I can start to work on the cover while this and the editing are in process so it should be possible.

I have two stories for the Writing Centre's anthologies and there is plenty of time to tidy them up and possibly write two more.

Everything else has to go on hold, including the other short stories I have been working on and the next novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment