Wednesday 3 February 2021

On a roll

 Not only can I transcribe my old hard-copy stories using the OCR capacity in Onenote, but I've realised I can read them direct into Word using the "dictate" feature in the top right corner of the Home page. I really should have read the manual when I started using computers. I wonder what other clever things it can do?😊

So, I have been transcribing stories for my anthology using both methods (my voice gets a little tired doing only dictation), I have completed a first draft of a christmas children's story I am so pleased with I am thinking of making it into an illustrated book, and the germ of an idea for a new novel is starting to sprout into something more tangible in the back of my mind.

I have one other short story I have to get beyond the first opening sentences and then all my current writing projects will be moving along nicely.

All this has been helped immensely by being in lockdown because of Covid. There's no pressure on me to get out and make as if I want to be part of the rest of the world. I suspect it was the feeling I had to do that and have a busy social life that contributed to the hiatus in my writing through most of last year.

Now I am back writing I know what I always knew before - that this is who I am, misanthropic old hermit or not.😉


No comments:

Post a Comment